The Open the Doors Education Contest is being held by the Federation of Post-Secondary Educators (the “FPSE”). To be eligible to enter the contest and you must:
- Have a post-secondary (college or university) education experience to share;
- Be a resident of British Columbia for at least three months prior to November 1, 2016; and
- Be the age of majority in British Columbia (age 19) or have parental or guardian consent to participate in the Contest if the entrant is under the age of majority.
If you enter the contest, you are eligible to win:
- One grand prize of a year’s worth of rent payments, up to $12,000.00.
- One gift certificate of approximately $4500.00 from W.E. Travel to book a vacation or other travel.
- Four additional prizes valued with an approximate value of $1,000.00 each.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY to enter the contest. To enter the contest, you need to submit ONE of the following:
- a one to three minute video;
- a one to three minute audio clip;
- a written story or novel with a photo; OR
- an image(s) or photo(s).
When you are ready to upload, you must include a 100-word synopsis and an image or photo that represents your work.
Your submission should be related to post-secondary education in British Columbia. You must submit an entry before the end of the contest on November 1, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST. Contest entries must be submitted through the contest submission form on the www.openthedoors.ca website.
Entries will be assessed by the FPSE based on criteria outlined in the Full Rules and Regulations. Winners will be selected by the FPSE within fourteen days after November 1, 2016.
YOU MUST READ THE FULL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS WHICH ARE AVAILABLE HERE PRIOR TO SUBMITTING AN ENTRY. In the case of any discrepancy between this summary of contest rules and the Full Contest Rules and Regulations, the Full Contest Rules and Regulations apply.